(This page just shows the latest 20 or so posts, sign up to the daily newsletters to get all of them or join us at Slack)
- Nfs share via serviceIP in PowerHA.by kuchara18 on 2022-09-25 at 13:46
Adding those shares in the config of resource group is an online operation? In the resource group config they are not mentioned so after failer powerha do not reexport them.
- IBM AIX for IA64 (Itanium) a.k.a. Project Monterey Runs Againon 2022-09-24 at 12:44
- The DB2Night Show Episode #Z129: UTS – Past, Present & Futureby DB2NightShow on 2022-09-23 at 19:37
The UTS has been with us since DB2 V9 and now in Db2 12 it got an upgrade with the UTS PBR RPN type. In this presentation I wish to show you how to use which variant, and when, for the best performance and utility balance. I will also briefly review the history of UTS and its probable future development.
- LKU: Gathering data from the Surrogate LPAR after a failed Live Update.on 2022-09-23 at 16:41
Sometimes when Live Update fails due to a problem on the Surrogate LPAR, the logs from the Surrogate LPAR are not copied over on the remaining Original LPAR and manual extraction is required.
- Security Bulletin: Due to RPM, AIX is vulnerable to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2021-20271), RPM database corruption (CVE-2021-3421), and denial of service (CVE-2021-20266)on 2022-09-23 at 16:02
AIX is vulnerable to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2021-20271), RPM database corruption (CVE-2021-3421), and denial of service (CVE-2021-20266) due to RPM. RPM is used by AIX for package management.
- With Oracle on @IBM #Power10, you get persistent security, rock-solid reliability and more workload capacity — all with lower costs. Reply to discuss how we can help you harness the Power of 10 for your #Oracle database.by BryTech Inc. (@BryTechInc) on 2022-09-22 at 14:31
With Oracle on @IBM #Power10, you get persistent security, rock-solid reliability and more workload capacity — all with lower costs. Reply to discuss how we can help you harness the Power of 10 for your #Oracle database.- BryTech Inc. (@BryTechInc)07:04 – Sep 22, 2022
- Continuing the IBM Power Momentumby Jonas Ullberg, Vice President, Global Ecosystem, Cognitive Systems on 2022-09-22 at 08:41
On July 12th, we announced the IBM Power10 processor-based scale-out and midrange servers, completing the Power10 family. Our Business Partners have been hard at work this quarter meeting the demand from our clients and guiding them on their upgrade path to Power10. There has been much excitement from the market and our Business Partner community The post Continuing the IBM Power Momentum appeared first on IBM Business Partners Blog.
- Java 19 Releasedby Roger Lacroix on 2022-09-22 at 04:45
Oracle has just released Java 19. https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/oracle-releases-java-19-2022-09-20/ https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/19/ https://www.infoworld.com/article/3653331/jdk-19-the-new-features-in-java-19.html Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers, as well as in today’s demanding embedded environments. Java offers the rich user interface, performance, versatility, portability, and security that today’s applications require. Regards, Roger Lacroix Capitalware Inc.
- Stay up-to-date on IDUG events and information! Read the May edition of the IDUG President’s Letter from Iqbal Goralwalla today:by IDUG – The International Db2 Users Group (@IDUGDb2) on 2022-09-21 at 13:39
Stay up-to-date on IDUG events and information! Read the May edition of the IDUG President’s Letter from Iqbal Goralwalla today: buff.ly/3UpXROo pic.twitter.com/jRfhbqDfEH- IDUG – The International Db2 Users Group (@IDUGDb2)06:01 – Sep 21, 2022
- RT @The_Iron_Monger: That day was a good day. #NerdHerd #IBMChampion #fintech #AIX #PowerVM #Linux #Unix #RHEL #Power10 #TechU #IBMTechU…by The Iron Monger – Alan Fulton (@The_Iron_Monger) on 2022-09-20 at 19:16
IBMChampion Retweets (@IBMCRTWT) retweeted:That day was a good day.#NerdHerd #IBMChampion #fintech #AIX #PowerVM #Linux #Unix #RHEL #Power10 #TechU #IBMTechU pic.twitter.com/acIGuufwum- The Iron Monger – Alan Fulton (@The_Iron_Monger)10:06 – Sep 20, 2022
- RAID Health Monitoringby the_beaker on 2022-09-19 at 18:03
I’m using AIX 7.2 on a POWER 740 w/ SAS RAID. I can check the RAID health manually by using tools like smitty and lsattr, however, I’d like to just have the system send alerts (good or bad) to a central log server (i.e. Splunk). Basically, I just want to know when a RAID physical disk is about to (or has!) died so I can replace it. If logs are written with this kind of data by default, I can’t find them. This system is not connected to an HMC, and is just a dumb bare metal AIX system. Any tips or ideas? Thanks! submitted by /u/the_beaker[link][comments]
- Test-driven system administration #IBMAIX #IBMChampion #TDD #Inspec #Ansible #Security #DevOps #PowerDevOpsby 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin) on 2022-09-16 at 11:27
Test-driven system administration linkedin.com/pulse/test-dri… #IBMAIX #IBMChampion #TDD #Inspec #Ansible #Security #DevOps #PowerDevOps- 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin)02:42 – Sep 16, 2022
- AIX MustGather: System Performance Analysison 2022-09-15 at 13:43
This MustGather document is meant to assist AIX Administrators with collecting AIX performance data needed when opening a support case with AIX System Performance team.
- High Impact / Highly Pervasive – OpenSSL performance on P10on 2022-09-14 at 19:46
Affected DomainLPARs running OpenSSL on AIX 7.3 on Power10 in Power10 native processor mode AbstractOpenSSL in AIX 7.3 on Power10 in Power10 native mode does not use hardware encryption acceleration DescriptionFor LPARs running AIX 7.3 on Power10 in Power10 native processor mode, an issue has been identified with the AIX OpenSSL packages below where Power in-core crypto acceleration is not detected and used. This results in significantly degraded encryption performance. Recommended Action Affected OpenSSL Levels and Recommended Fixes Minimum Affected Level Maximum Affected Level Fixing Level Interim Fix openssl.base 18.104.22.1680 openssl.base 22.214.171.1244 openssl.base 126.96.36.1995 iFix openssl.base 188.8.131.52 openssl.base 184.108.40.2061 openssl.base 220.127.116.112 iFix openssl.base 18.104.22.168 openssl.base 22.214.171.1241 openssl.base 126.96.36.1992 iFix openssl.base 188.8.131.520 openssl.base 184.108.40.2065 openssl.base 220.127.116.116 iFix Note: The OpenSSL for AIX packages above can be obtained from the AIX Web Download Pack Programs . This table describes which active levels are affected and where to obtain fixes. Before the fileset fix is available, an interim fix (iFix) is available for each affected level. The available interim fixes might apply only to the latest Service Packs. If a custom interim fix is required, contact IBM Support. The interim fixes can be downloaded from the same location by using FTP, HTTP, or HTTPS.
- RT @aklyachkin: How many shells are on #IBMAIX? #IBMChampion #KornShell #bashby 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin) on 2022-09-14 at 13:21
Chris Gibson (@cgibbo) retweeted:How many shells are on #IBMAIX? linkedin.com/pulse/how-many… #IBMChampion #KornShell #bash- 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin)01:43 – Sep 14, 2022
- New version of free #Server, #Cloud and #Database #Monitoring tool @LPAR2RRD v7.50 has been released #IBMPower #VMware #IBMPowerSystems #IBMiby LPAR2RRD (@LPAR2RRD) on 2022-09-14 at 10:46
New version of free #Server, #Cloud and #Database #Monitoring tool @LPAR2RRD v7.50 has been released lpar2rrd.com/announcements.… #IBMPower #VMware #IBMPowerSystems #IBMi- LPAR2RRD (@LPAR2RRD)01:42 – Sep 14, 2022
- The DB2Night Show #247: Db2 Click-2-Containerizeon 2022-09-13 at 23:44
Presented by: George Baklarz IBM Toronto Lab “The DB2Night Show #247: Db2 Click-2-Containerize” Replays available in WMV and M4V formats, and on Youtube! 100% of our studio audience learned something!George gave a great presentation on V2 of this important feature. Watch the replay…
- Keeping #AIX patched is key to avoiding #security issues. In this article, @jaquilynch explains different methods for performing AIX maintenance, patching and updates:by TechChannel SMB (@SMBTechChannel) on 2022-09-13 at 15:30
Keeping #AIX patched is key to avoiding #security issues. In this article, @jaquilynch explains different methods for performing AIX maintenance, patching and updates: hubs.ly/Q01lT4jG0- TechChannel SMB (@SMBTechChannel)08:00 – Sep 13, 2022
- Security Bulletin: AIX is vulnerable to a denial of service due to libxml2 (CVE-2022-29824)on 2022-09-12 at 21:33
A vulnerability in libxml2 could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service (CVE-2022-29824). AIX uses libxml2 as part of its XML parsing functions.
- #IBMAIXby 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin) on 2022-09-12 at 14:44
#IBMAIX twitter.com/idrobinson/sta…- 🇺🇦 Andrey Klyachkin 🇺🇦 (@aklyachkin)06:46 – Sep 12, 2022Quoted Tweet:New @IBM Redbook covers AIX 7.3 redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs…- Ian Robinson (@idrobinson)06:17 – Sep 12, 2022