(This page just shows the latest 20 or so posts, sign up to the daily newsletters to get all of them or join us at Slack)
- Empowering Oracle Workloads with IBM Power and AIXon 2023-09-28 at 09:48
- AIX on IBM Power10by ibm.com on 2023-09-28 at 05:45
This article is a link to a PDF. Download the PDF: https://www.ibm.com/downloads/cas/39QXEODR
- New SAP SD Benchmark: 1,65 Mio SAPS with Power10!by Jochen Ziegler on 2023-09-26 at 10:42
Good News! SAP published today in SAP’s Benchmark Directory a new SD Benchmark (#23059) for IBM Power10 E1080 – 16 Sockets, 240 Cores, 1,65 Mio SAPS! For details pls see: https://www.sap.com/dmc/exp/2018-benchmark-directory/#/sd and https://www.sap.com/dmc/benchmark/2023/Cert23059.pdf
- untitledon 2023-09-25 at 08:47
Power servers in the PowerVS environment are automatically entitled, so we should be able to download AIX fixes from the IBM Fix Central without any issues. Please follow the steps described in the IBM Technote “MUSTGATHER: Getting assistance for SUMA errors through AIX Support”
- Introducing the integration of IBM Power Virtual Server with IBM Key Protect for AIX and Linuxby Shadi Albouyeh on 2023-09-21 at 05:32
IBM® Key Protect for IBM Cloud® is a centralized, full-service key management service that provides data-at-rest encryption for your data stored in IBM Cloud using the envelope encryption techniques that leverage FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified cloud-based hardware security modules. The integration of IBM Power Virtual Server with IBM Key Protect enables enhanced data security through encryption to meet your compliance requirements.
- The Rise of the Super Cloud and What it Means for Specialized Workloadsby Tony Perez on 2023-09-18 at 00:17
Super cloud aims to be a unified architecture for managing data and services that can float across multiple cloud providers
- Live from IBM TechXchange Conference 2023 – The Conference and Generative AI with Alan Fultonby IBM TechXchange Community on 2023-09-14 at 15:32
Join Marius Ciortea as he interviews Alan Fulton, an IBM Champion, during the IBM TechXchange Conference 2023. During this short interview, Marius asks Alan his thoughts on Generative AI and how that could customers, practitioners, and the technology industry.
- What is Advanced Interactive eXecutive (AIX)? | CellularNewson 2023-09-14 at 02:04
AIX, an acronym for Advanced Interactive eXecutive, is a robust and powerful Unix-based operating system developed by IBM in the 1980s. With its rock-solid stability, advanced features, and scalability, AIX has become a popular choice for businesses and organizations worldwide.
- Live from IBM TechXchange Conference 2023 – Meet the Attendeesby IBM TechXchange Community on 2023-09-13 at 01:35
Join Sonia Singh in a video series as she dives deep into the IBM TechXchange Conference 2023. Witness firsthand interviews with attendees, speakers, and tech enthusiasts, uncovering the most thrilling innovations they’re buzzing about!
- Infrastructure Management Simplified | TechChannelby About the author on 2023-09-07 at 14:05
The Asset Analysis tab—a feature available only to Support Insights Pro subscribers—contains views for analyzing security vulnerability and hardware lifecycle risks and enables users to make reasoned decisions about patches, upgrades and replacement planning by providing details about correlating risks and issues. Support Insights offers visibility to your entire data center’s inventory while providing information from various sources, connectors, and vendors to help you navigate potential issues and recommended actions.
- IBM Redbooks release notes – IBM Documentationon 2023-09-07 at 05:24
We’re exploring how to improve the discoverability of related content and we’d like your feedback, over the next several months during this pilot program. Exploring the IBM z/OS or IBM Z Hardware product pages and discovering related contextual information (i.e. IBM Redbooks, Product announcements).
- Indian Bank collaborates with IBM to deploy new front-end banking appson 2023-09-05 at 19:27
IBM has collaborated with Indian Bank, to accelerate its modernisation path with flexible and secure infrastructure for deploying new front-end banking applications, while addressing the business growth of the Core Banking Solution workloads of the bank, a bank statement here said. The city-headquartered bank wanted to consolidate its front branch servers for better manageability and availability at Data Centres and Disaster Recovery centres under their ‘Project Paradise’ initiative.
- Indian Bank Collaborates With IBM To Deploy Future Ready Compute Infrastructure … – APN Newson 2023-09-05 at 19:27
Kochi : IBM today announced that it has collaborated with Indian Bank, … their CBS workloads on the latest generation of IBM Power® servers.
- Indian Bank Collaborates With IBM To Deploy Flexible, Secure Compute Infrastructureon 2023-09-05 at 19:27
According to IBM, the solution will offer infrastructure-as-a-service and aims to deliver capabilities including extra compute and storage, creation of a private cloud using available resources, building a single pool of processors across data centres and disaster recovery centres, and services similar to pay-as-you-grow models. In order to meet Indian Bank’s digital infrastructure needs, IBM suggested a hybrid cloud solution for all Advanced Interactive eXecutive, or AIX, workloads to increase agility and presented a combination of capex and opex models for consumption of compute resources.
- 👨🏻💻Andrey Klyachkin on LinkedIn: Product lifecycleby View Profile on 2023-09-05 at 05:16
Sometimes it is worth to repeat common truths. There is no end of support for #IBMAIX! I spoke today to one of #IBM customers and the guy told me that they…
- Indian Bank Partners with IBM to Boost Scalability and Agility – Analytics India Magazineon 2023-09-04 at 20:27
IBM today announced that it has collaborated with Indian Bank, a premier public sector bank, to accelerate its modernization path with flexible and secure compute infrastructure for deploying new front-end banking applications, while addressing the business growth of the Core Banking Solution (CBS) workloads for the bank. With benefits like better flexibility, lower costs, and enhanced security, we are creating a value-oriented solution by setting up a proactive and service-oriented model for the bank.”
- Indian Bank enters into a partnership with IBM over Core Banking Solution needson 2023-09-04 at 20:27
IBM has announced that it has collaborated with Indian Bank, a public sector bank, to deploy new banking applications, while addressing the business growth of Core Banking Solution (CBS) workloads for the bank. According to an official release, to meet Indian Bank’s digital infrastructure needs, IBM proposed a hybrid cloud approach for all AIX workloads, to introduce a Capex and Opex model for consumption of compute resources. From what it’s understood, Indian Bank is using IBM PowerSC for AIX endpoints to get support for compliance audits. Additionally, Indian Bank has seemingly deployed IBM PowerVC for virtualisation management, cloud deployments, workload image management and resource optimization for IBM AIX Servers.“We are looking forward to working with IBM to transform our banking environment. With the proposed private cloud solution, we aim to achieve agility, scalability and security to meet our growth requirements and adopt a consumption-based IT solution that is required in today’s market. The gains through technology-based innovation should empower us to deliver customer experiences, while ensuring data protection,” Deepak Sarda, chief general manager – IT and partnership, Indian Bank, said. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Indian Bank collaborates with IBM to deploy future ready compute infrastructure to enhance …on 2023-09-04 at 20:27
IBM (NYSE: IBM ) today announced that it has collaborated with Indian Bank, a premier public sector bank, to accelerate its modernization path with flexible and secure compute infrastructure for deploying new front-end banking applications, while addressing the business growth of the Core Banking Solution (CBS) workloads for the bank. To meet Indian Bank’s digital infrastructure needs, IBM proposed a hybrid cloud approach for all AIX workloads to boost agility and introduced a combination of Capex and Opex model for consumption of compute resources.
- Sept 21 – Power Systems Virtual Server Presented by IBMby laura hamway on 2023-09-03 at 19:21
2023 IBM I latest announcements – IBM i 7.5 TR2/IBM i 7.4 TR8 and RDi
- What IBM Champions are looking forward to at IBM TechXchangeby IBM TechXchange Community on 2023-09-01 at 15:08
In this video, IBM Champions describe what they are excited to see at the upcoming IBM 2023 TechXchange technical practitioner conference happening in Las Vegas, Nevada Sept 11-14, 2023.Find out more here: https://www.ibm.com/community/ibm-techxchange-conference/