(This page just shows the latest 20 or so posts, sign up to the daily newsletters to get all of them or join us at Slack)
- Common: IBM iSee Video Blogon 2024-03-01 at 07:05
In the previous iSee we learned the basics on how to use and install VsCode for your IBM i development needs. In the previous iSee we learned the basics on how to use and install VsCode for your IBM i development needs.
- Talsco Weekly: The Cloud Is Here To Stay for IBM i Shopsby patrick staudacher on 2024-03-01 at 04:34
Welcome to another edition of Talsco Weekly IBM i Brief: The Cloud Is Here To Stay for IBM i Shops. Google: The Modern-Day IBM. IBM: An Aging Tech Giant’s Reinvention. Career: 37 Pieces of Career Advice. Development: Here is a year in review for Node.js. How To Secure SQL Access for IBM i Users. Hiring: The post Talsco Weekly: The Cloud Is Here To Stay for IBM i Shops appeared first on IBM i (AS/400, RPG) Recruiting, Staffing & Consulting.
- Companies using IBMi in USAby MarsupialNo2870 on 2024-02-29 at 14:07
Hello All, This is turbulent time, I know many people going through job loss. Does any one have a list of companies and contacts which use IBMi this can really help people looking for job. submitted by /u/MarsupialNo2870[link][comments]
- An Expanding and Evolving Open-Source Community for IBM i Developerson 2024-02-29 at 14:05
We couldn’t extract the content of this article. Here is the URL so you can access it:https://techchannel.com/SMB/2/2024/vs-code-on-ibm-i
- What IBM i Users Should Check when Learning of an Open Source Security Vulnerabilityby Alan Seiden on 2024-02-28 at 16:25
A client asked about a vulnerability found in libwebp, which is used by PHP’s image-handling gd extension. My first step was to find a reputable source for details. According to this trusted article about the vulnerability, the issue affected only libwebp versions 1.3.1 and earlier. I checked our own system and found we had a patched version from IBM, so we were safe. The client was, too. Here is the procedure you can use for checking the version of this or any other open source package on IBM i. How to check your package version The easiest way is to… The post What IBM i Users Should Check when Learning of an Open Source Security Vulnerability appeared first on Seiden Group.
- Converting IBM i Physical Files to SQL Tablesby Nick Litten on 2024-02-28 at 11:21
It’s time to grab some old AS400 Physical Files and drag them kicking and screaming into the IBM i SQL Age… https://www.nicklitten.com/course/converting-ibm-i-physical-files-to-sql-tables/
- Upgrading RPG Column Based to Free with VS Code for IBM iby Nick Litten on 2024-02-28 at 11:21
- Calculating the difference between two dates in SQL with the result in daysby Simon Hutchinson on 2024-02-28 at 11:01
To calculate how many days difference there is from the date I wrote this post, I first need to convert the field ENTERDTE from a packed numeric to a “true” date, and then I can perform the calculation using it. For example I need a list of customers who have not paid in over 90 days.
- ILE RPG and SQL Data Typesby Antonio Salcedo on 2024-02-28 at 10:01
ILE RPG and SQL Data Types Hello everyone and welcome to this new article, this time about SQL Data Types that don’t have ILE RPG matching type. As you can see in the picture that illustrates the article, there are many SQL data types that can be defined (there are more SQL types like XML
- SQL Maintained Temporary Indexeson 2024-02-27 at 20:03
Db2® for IBM® i Temporary Index Question & Answer
- AI Amplified: Revolutionizing Business with Profound Intelligenceby Profound Logic on 2024-02-27 at 19:27
In today’s dynamic business landscape, harnessing the transformative potential of Generative AI is not just a competitive advantage; it’s a necessity for businesses to thrive! Since 1999 we’ve been dedicated to empowering organizations with cutting-edge solutions designed to drive innovation, enhance productivity, and unlock new opportunities…and now we are excited to do the same with The post AI Amplified: Revolutionizing Business with Profound Intelligence appeared first on Profound Logic.
- Custom compilation command overridesby Remain Software on 2024-02-27 at 15:08
Welcome to our comprehensive video tutorial on how to set compile overrides on IBM i objects, for those that require specific instructions. This video is designed to help both beginners and experienced IBM i professionals gain a deeper understanding of managing compile settings effectively.
- POW3R digital- 23./24. April 2024by Bruno Taverne on 2024-02-27 at 14:46
L’article POW3R digital- 23./24. April 2024 est apparu en premier sur M81.
- Use SSH Keys to Stop User Password Accessby Andy Youens on 2024-02-27 at 14:35
This article shows how easy it is to use SSH keys to stop users, or yourself, from having to use a password to gain access to a SSH session. Why? The first question is always … SSH keys are more secure than passwords, as they are longer, more complex and harder to guess or crack The post Use SSH Keys to Stop User Password Access first appeared on PowerWire.
- i-UG Springs into Life in 2024by Andy Youens on 2024-02-27 at 14:35
The IBM i User Group (i-UG) in the UK sprung into life in February 2024 with their first event of the year at sunny Rochdale. I say sunny, being from the south of the UK, ‘sun’ and ‘the North of the UK’ are not words that go together! The iUG chairman, Mike Ryan kicked of The post i-UG Springs into Life in 2024 first appeared on PowerWire.
- Seamless Data Integration and Analysis: RPG API Express Meets NGS-IQ – Copyby Caracal Keithrafferty on 2024-02-26 at 22:41
Join Kato Integrations and NGS to explore how you can use both of their top solutions to form a full data-fetching-to-analysis workflow. The post Seamless Data Integration and Analysis: RPG API Express Meets NGS-IQ – Copy appeared first on Kato Integrations.
- Free User Group meeting next weekby RPGPGM on 2024-02-26 at 21:24
Next week is the March meeting of the CTXiUG, Tuesday March 5 at 6:30 PM (CT). We are honored to have a new #IBMChampion presenting to us, Gregory Simmons, who will be talking about Procedure Driven RPG. Learn more, including the link to register, at https://ctxiug.blogspot.com #IBMi #rpgpgm #IBMiLUG #AS400 submitted by /u/RPGPGM[link][comments]
- How to Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS) for the IBM Web Administration Server (HTTPAdmin)on 2024-02-26 at 15:45
This document will discuss how to enable TLS for the IBM Web Administration Server (also known as the HTTPAdmin or Web Admin server).
- Mainframe and IBM i Observability: Why It Matters to ITby Precisely Editor on 2024-02-26 at 12:36
In decades past, IT systems were relatively self-contained. Inputs, outputs, and integration points were clearly defined and comparatively few. Today’s systems, however, are highly interconnected and constantly in flux. Data flows from edge devices to core applications and back again. A myriad of data analytics tools provide up-to-the-minute insights to decision-makers throughout the organization. Naturally, … Continued The post Mainframe and IBM i Observability: Why It Matters to IT appeared first on Precisely.
- TD/OMS Troubleshooting Compilation Issuesby Remain Software on 2024-02-25 at 23:06
The video shows how to use this feature to understand the output of the compile process, offering insights into potential issues. In this video, viewers are introduced to a detailed guide on troubleshooting compilation issues in TD/OMS.