(This page just shows the latest 20 or so posts, sign up to the daily newsletters to get all of them or join us at Slack)
- IBM FlashSystem for VMware vSphere with Tanzu Basic Edition An IBM Validated Solution Guideon 2021-06-16 at 14:15
Blueprint, published: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 The focus of this Blueprint is to demonstrate how IBM FlashSystem with IBM Spectrum Virtualize can be used as a preferred back-end persistent storage for VMware Tanzu-based deployments.
- Spectrum Scale, SDI and my love of motorcyclesby Donald Mathisen on 2021-06-16 at 12:06
The hardware that IBM Spectrum Scale runs on can be thought of as the engine of a motorcycle. The post Spectrum Scale, SDI and my love of motorcycles appeared first on Servers & Storage.
- dsmISI MAGS and IBM Spectrum Protect – backup for Network Attached Storage (NAS)by CSI Group on 2021-06-16 at 10:31
We can help you solve the ‘Million File’ Problem. Data growth in unstructured data for an enterprise is 80%. Backing up large network-attached storage (NAS) data is painful, time-consuming, and unreliable. Fortunately, there is another way… speak to CSI to learn more about dsmISI MAGS and IBM Spectrum Protect.
- Make sure you attend my session “API first with PHP on IBM i” @CommonEurope Power Summer Camp #CEPSC2021 #COMEUR A fully FREE virtual event 14, 15, 17 June, jam-packed with education on #IBMi and #AIXby Mario Aquino (@MarioAquino_Dev) on 2021-06-12 at 14:39
Make sure you attend my session “API first with PHP on IBM i” @CommonEurope Power Summer Camp #CEPSC2021 #COMEURA fully FREE virtual event 14, 15, 17 June, jam-packed with education on #IBMi and #AIX pic.twitter.com/Po1GPGIDXb- Mario Aquino (@MarioAquino_Dev)07:37 – Jun 12, 2021
- FlashCopy versus Safeguarded Copyby Admin on 2021-06-11 at 06:21
FlashCopy and Safeguarded Copy can both provide protection from logical data corruption. In contrast to FlashCopy, Safeguarded Copy can be used to create more frequent backups, is more secure, space efficient and provides better performance. Summarized below are differences between FlashCopy and Safeguarded Copy
- Safeguarded Copy on IBM DS8000by Admin on 2021-06-11 at 06:21
In continuous data replication methods or mirroring solutions, accidental or malicious data deletion and unintended encryption is also replicated to the backup copy which defeats the purpose of a high availability solution. In addition, regulatory requirements may require certain organization in specific industries such as finance or health care to protect replicated data from content-level destruction.
- Air Gap, a Cyber Resilience Protection with IBM Storage 06102021by IBM MediaCenter on 2021-06-10 at 20:42
- We are excited for our workshops coming up on July 13th! Sign up to be the first to know about updates! #IBMiby iTech Solutions (@iTech_Sol) on 2021-06-10 at 18:06
We are excited for our workshops coming up on July 13th! Sign up to be the first to know about updates! #IBMi hubs.la/H0PF-vm0- iTech Solutions (@iTech_Sol)11:05 – Jun 10, 2021
- Are you taking precaution? Visit our Disaster Recovery Resource page to read more about how to stay prepared during the summer and fall monthhs of hurricane season #IBMiby iTech Solutions (@iTech_Sol) on 2021-06-10 at 15:20
Are you taking precaution? Visit our Disaster Recovery Resource page to read more about how to stay prepared during the summer and fall monthhs of hurricane season #IBMihubs.la/H0PFXVS0- iTech Solutions (@iTech_Sol)08:05 – Jun 10, 2021
- Storage Multi-tenancy for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with IBM Storageon 2021-06-09 at 14:45
Redpaper, published: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 With IBM Spectrum Virtualize and the Object-Based Access Control, you can implement multi-tenancy and secure storage usage in a Red Hat OpenShift environment.
- A Cyber Resilience chat with Eric Herzogby abiliotalks on 2021-06-09 at 12:59
Only in 2020, Information technologies incidents caused a direct financial loss of approximately $2 billion dollars in a global scale. Malware / Ransonware are one of the top causes, and as you know, the majority of the incidents are not reported, so this number is actually way bigger. So, what can you do to protect yourself against this threat? To address this huge problem, the solution is not easy, but IBM knows what to do, Eric Herzog, vice president of Storage Channels organizations at IBM explains how to make your Infrastructure secure against this threat in this very special episode.
- Certified Pre-Owned Storage: More Than Just A Pretty Priceby Timothy Prickett Morgan on 2021-06-09 at 04:10
People tend to think first and foremost about servers when they think of IT infrastructure, but a true system, even if it is a monolithic, standalone server with as few as one or as many as 16 sockets, always includes storage. And in distributed systems that can grow beyond the scale up limits of NUMA machines and scale out to add compute capacity, they always include storage (whether converged on the server nodes or run alongside the cluster on the network) and they also always include networking. No matter what, storage is a big component of every enterprise system, ranging … The post Certified Pre-Owned Storage: More Than Just A Pretty Price appeared first on IT Jungle.
- TechTalk – Flash Performance – 29th June 2021by Barry Whyte on 2021-06-08 at 21:29
As a lot of you know, IBM helps to run a set of world-wide user groups across many of its … More
- IBM SAN b-type 64Gb – Fast, Secure and Smart 06082021by IBM MediaCenter on 2021-06-08 at 21:25
- RT @Steve_Will_IBMi: The COMMON Europe Power Summit is next week already! 14, 15, 17 of June! I’ll be givi…by Steve Will (@Steve_Will_IBMi) on 2021-06-08 at 19:28
Built on Power Europe (@BuiltonPower) retweeted:The COMMON Europe Power Summit is next week already! 14, 15, 17 of June! commoneuropepowersummercamp.sched.com#IBMi I’ll be giving one of the “Power Talks” on Thursday. pic.twitter.com/vXwS7oOmA4- Steve Will (@Steve_Will_IBMi)06:15 – Jun 08, 2021
- NVMe 2.0 Firms Foundation for Future Storage Shiftsby Nicole Hemsoth on 2021-06-04 at 16:27
Amber Huffman and Peter Onufryk never could have imagined the little 100-page specification they worked on a decade ago would become a wide standard from phones and tables up to the largest datacenters in the world. … NVMe 2.0 Firms Foundation for Future Storage Shifts was written by Nicole Hemsoth at The Next Platform.
- IBM Storage Insights: What’s new for June 2021by IBM MediaCenter on 2021-06-03 at 22:00
- IBM SAN c-type – What is in it for you – Part 2, Business Advantages 06032021by IBM MediaCenter on 2021-06-03 at 21:32
- Meet The Authors – Cloudera Data Platform Private Cloud Base with IBM Spectrum Scaleby IBM MediaCenter on 2021-05-25 at 18:28
- IBM Spectrum Protect Plus 10.1.7.1 OpenShift Backup & Restore for Resources & Persistent Data – Demoby IBM MediaCenter on 2021-05-25 at 17:31
The demo environment uses Red Hat operator OpenShift Container Storage (OCS), Community operator OpenShift APIs for Data Protection (OADP), IBM operator SPP server, and IBM Container Backup Support (BaaS) all installed on OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) 4.5. The SPP server is installed only on the first OCP 4.5 cluster and the Container Backup Support (BaaS) component is installed on both OCP 4.5 clusters as well as OCS and OADP. The SPP server component could have alternatively been installed on a VM outside of OCP for similar capability.