I have myself (Torbjörn Appehl) been engaged in the IBM Power community in over 10 years. Board member of Common Sweden all of the 10 years and acting leader for 7 of them. BoD (Board of Directors) member of also member of the Executive Committee for Common Europe for a couple of years bringing three new user groups into organization among many other things. Today I am not active in any user group anymore but would like to help the community I all possible ways.
Therefore I take the initiative to start this group. I am not sure yet how It should be arranged, maybe not even a group but at least there will be some articles written about practical tips and tricks and most likely also some future online meetings with people interested in learning more and/or share their own experience around being a volunteer within the community.
Topics we will discuss or share experience around are (but not limited to)
- Practical work in setting up and leading a user group
- Practical things around arranging events (smaller and bigger)
- Find the right toolings for your user group and activities
- Marketing, social media and alternatives..
- Budget, find sponsors etc.
- How to grow
- Checklists and other things
- How to find speakers
- How to teach people to speak
If you are interested, please join our Slack