(This page just shows the latest 20 or so posts, sign up to the daily newsletters to get all of them or join us at Slack)
- STOR2RRD Capacity featuresby Xorux channel on 2023-06-06 at 13:14
How to check and alert storage capacity in STOR2RRD
- How Does Your Infrastructure Spending Stack Up To The World?by Timothy Prickett Morgan on 2023-06-05 at 04:10
As IT analysts, as well as IT journalists, we believe that the economic questions of how many widgets consumed, how much revenue and profit do they generate, and how fast are markets changing and evolving as new widgets come and old widgets go are just as important as the feeds, speeds, slots, and watts of any particular widgetry. That is why we have always looked at both sets of IT data over time, to get a 3-D feel for the market and its flows of hardware, software, and services across workloads. It is very rare when one of the market … The post How Does Your Infrastructure Spending Stack Up To The World? appeared first on IT Jungle.
- Qantas Australia’s largest airline uses open source AI and hybrid cloud technology on IBM Power System AC922 to bring new life to film and imagery from the company’s long history. Watch Qantas’ story (2:27)by mediacenter.ibm.com on 2023-06-02 at 21:57
- @tappehl: Torbjörn Appehl Retweeted @gira79: COMMON Europe #conference is scheduled for June 11-14. Check the phenomenal venue for networking dinner. #Comeur2023 #AIX #IBMi…by @tappehl on 2023-06-02 at 10:55
COMMON Europe #conference is scheduled for June 11-14. Check the phenomenal venue for networking dinner. #Comeur2023 #AIX #IBMi #IBMPowerSystems #Prague #Praha #artnouveau pic.twitter.com/7YzrmxaTGA— Bart G (@gira79) June 2, 2023
- @tappehl: Torbjörn Appehl Retweeted @CommonEurope: Early bird registration closed yesterday. Number 350 came in during the day and this means #comeur2023 will be the larges…by @tappehl on 2023-05-29 at 07:09
Early bird registration closed yesterday. Number 350 came in during the day and this means #comeur2023 will be the largest in over 10 years. #ibmi #ibmpower #ibmaix #linuxonpower we are still accepting registrations of course! https://t.co/P8eMRXIM4w— Common Europe (@CommonEurope) May 29, 2023
- FNTS Launches Managed Services for Power Servers in IBM Cloud – IT Jungleon 2023-05-24 at 04:40
FNTS Launches Managed Services for Power Servers in IBM Cloud IT Jungle
- Update On Critical Security Vulnerability In PowerVM – IT Jungleon 2023-05-24 at 04:40
Update On Critical Security Vulnerability In PowerVM IT Jungle
- IBM NVMe Remote Storage Drawer NED24 “First Look”by Nigel Griffiths on 2023-05-23 at 01:48
1) Remote I/O (Storage) drawer is 19 inches by 2U. Where “remote” means the Power10 server has this unit attached via PCIe cables but it operates much like the internal NVMe disks are part of the server itself. 2) Up to 24 NVMe drives – drives used are very similar to those in Power10 with these sizes: 800 GB, 1.6 TB, 3.2 TB and 6.4 TB. 3) Each drive is separately assignable to a different virtual machine (LPAR) and bootable for AIX, VIOS, Linux, and IBM i. 4) Connected to Power10 servers with new high-speed cables & adapters. 5) Power10 Adapter PCIe gen 4 for higher bandwidth & higher I/O operations per second. 6) Two cable pairs – copper or optical. 7) Low electricity power requirements. 8) Lower cost per GB compared to the previous SAS drawer. 9) 154 TB of storage per NED24 Drawer 10) 1.2 PB data when you attach eight NED24 to a Power10 model E1080.From: Nigel Griffiths
- IBM Power: Hosted On-Premises or in the Cloud?by Jason Hardy on 2023-05-22 at 04:26
According to TechTarget’s The History of Cloud Computing Explained, “The term cloud came into widespread use in 2006 when Amazon launched AWS with the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service.” Since that time, there have been endless debates as to whether it is better to host IT infrastructure on-premises or in the cloud. From my perspective, the answer is a definite “it depends.” How do you figure out what’s best for you? Check out the three questions you need to ask as you evaluate as you consider on-premises versus in the cloud, my three questions you need to ask as … The post IBM Power: Hosted On-Premises or in the Cloud? appeared first on IT Jungle.
- Critical Security Vulnerability In PowerVM Hypervisorby Timothy Prickett Morgan on 2023-05-22 at 04:26
IBM’s Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) put out a notice on Wednesday, May 17, to inform the Power Systems installed base that there is a very serious security vulnerability in the PowerVM hypervisor. You can see the PSIRT notice at this link and the Security Bulletin: This Power System firmware update is being released to address CVE 2023-30438 at this link. This has a CVSS base score of 9.3, which means it is critical. We very rarely see any security vulnerabilities being reported for the PowerVM hypervisor or for the IBM i operating system itself, for that matter, … The post Critical Security Vulnerability In PowerVM Hypervisor appeared first on IT Jungle.
- @tappehl: Torbjörn Appehl Retweeted @jalcudia: More than 300 participants and growing. @CommonEurope congress will be the best education event of the year in Europe for #IB…by @tappehl on 2023-05-20 at 09:36
More than 300 participants and growing. @CommonEurope congress will be the best education event of the year in Europe for #IBMi but also for #Power #AIX and #LinuxinPower Come and join us in Prague 11-14 June! And if you are new in the platform enjoy the @NextGenCommonEU track!— jalcudia (superalcudia) (@jalcudia) May 19, 2023
- Invscout tips 2023on 2023-05-19 at 03:56
We couldn’t extract the content of this article. Here is the URL so you can access it:https://techchannel.com/SMB/05/2023/invscout-tips-2023
- Power Server Energy Efficiency Modeson 2023-05-18 at 05:46
Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise and insights with the IBM Power research team!The purpose of this survey is to obtain feedback about Power server energy efficiency needs. This survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.All survey responses are confidential and anonymous. Do not include in your response any names or other Personal Information (PI) or Sensitive Personal Information (SPI) that could identify you or any other person. For open-ended questions, comments will be reviewed and potentially shared as written and will not be edited. For questions and comments about this survey, send your message to Rosie Sycks.
- Automation with Ansible on Poweron 2023-05-16 at 22:29
Starts 31 Jul 2023, ends 25 Aug 2023; Duration: 4 weeks; Location: Austin TX USA This residency is suitable for Clients, Business Partners and IBMers
- CEC2023 Charlie Guarino & Juan Manuel Alcudia Invite You To Pragueby Common Europe on 2023-05-16 at 04:07
- CEC2023 Charlie Guarino and Common Europe Friendsby Common Europe on 2023-05-16 at 04:07
- The Inevitable Power9 Hardware Withdrawals Beginby Timothy Prickett Morgan on 2023-05-15 at 04:45
The high end Power10 machine, the Power E1080, has been out since September 2021 and the rest of the Power10 line was announced in July 2022, so the writing was on the wall for any Power9-based machines the minute that happened. The ability for IBM to get, much less sell, Power9 chips even if it wanted to is also somewhat dubious, too. In October 2014, IBM sold off its Microelectronics division to Globalfoundries, itself a spinout of AMD’s foundry business five years earlier mashed up with Chartered Semiconductor and backed by the government of Abu Dhabi. Here’s the complication: … The post The Inevitable Power9 Hardware Withdrawals Begin appeared first on IT Jungle.
- 7 Best Rack Servers of 2023by Nisar Ahmad on 2023-05-13 at 06:21
This server is a good pick for companies needing extraordinary computational power and memory bandwidth, because it supports up to four Intel Xeon Scalable processors and has a maximum memory capacity of 8TB. It’s the best option for applications and workloads that require a lot of data, such as AI, ML, and analytics, thanks to its remarkable processing power, memory, and storage capabilities.
- IBM PowerHA SystemMirror and IBM VM Recovery Manager Solutions Updateson 2023-05-11 at 19:45
Redpaper, published: Thu, 11 May 2023 This IBM Redpaper publication provides an overview of the business continuity solutions for applications running on IBM Power.
- Up Your Power Game with IBM Power Virtual Server (IaaS) and PowerHA ROHAby MrPowerHA on 2023-05-11 at 16:29
Watch James Up his Power Game with IBM Power Virtual Server Infrastructure As a Service (IaaS). James is running low on resources in the datacenter and needs to deploy a new database. He learns about the ability to deploy new instances on Power Systems hardware in cloud datacenters using IBM’s Power Virtual Server IaaS offering. He also learns about the newly added capability to cluster his workloads with the PowerHA SystemMirror software and how to leverage the new integrated Resource Optimized High Availability (ROHA) cluster feature. This allows him to start deploying new VMs right away while optimizing his resource utilization and reducing his license costs. For a full feature demonstration check out:https://mediacenter.ibm.com/media/IBM+Power+Virtual+Server+%26+PowerHA+SystemMirror+fo[%E2%80%A6]+Resource+Optimized+High+Availability+%28ROHA%29/1_1yaimb0e