- IBM QRadar SIEM Bug Let Remote Attacker Trigger DoS – Cyber Security Newson 2023-11-27 at 11:17
A threat actor could use a specially crafted regex input to exploit this vulnerability. Multiple vulnerabilities have been found in IBM QRadar Wincollect, which were associated with denial of service that could allow a threat actor to disrupt the service from usage.
- The rising price of data breaches | Top Stories | theweeklyjournal.comon 2023-11-25 at 04:55
As cyber-attack attempts continue to increase globally, so does the average cost of these data breaches, which according to IBM Security statistics, reached an average sum of $4.45 million by 2023 in the United States, trends from which the island is not exempt. In contrast to these savings, an increase of $1.44 million in data breach costs was also observed for those organizations with high levels of security system complexity.
- Cloud security continues to give IT managers headaches. Here’s why – SiliconANGLEon 2023-11-24 at 04:18
Cloud security continues to vex corporate information technology managers, and new research indicates that the problems are both widespread and not easily fixable, thanks to a number of weak areas. A similar majority of accounts analyzed in its report doesn’t turn on the logging and auditing features across Amazon Web Services’ CloudTrail, the Microsoft Azure key vault audit logging and Google Cloud Platform Storage Bucket logging services.
- Alert: New WailingCrab Malware Loader Spreading via Shipping-Themed Emailson 2023-11-23 at 17:40
- Generative AI Takes on SIEM – Dark Readingon 2023-11-23 at 09:09
In recent months, leading security providers have released technical previews of managed detection and response (MDR) platforms with SIEM that can tap generative AI. While adding generative AI capabilities to security information and event management (SIEM) is still in early stages, several providers are taking steps to allow security analysts interact with their platforms using natural language processing.
- Stealthy Malware Leverages MQTT Protocol in Spam Campaigns | Decipher – Duo Securityon 2023-11-22 at 22:42
The threat actors behind a sophisticated malware that was discovered less than a year ago have recently expanded their targeting and updated the malware’s C2 communication tactics in an attempt to make it more difficult for security teams to detect their attacks. The use of MQTT here is notable because it has previously only been used in a few malware campaigns, such as one involving a backdoor called MQsTTang and used by a China-linked threat actor, said researchers.
- IBM and CMTG Cyber Resiliency: Building an Automated, VMware Aware Safeguarded Copy Solution to Provide Data Resilienceon 2023-11-22 at 14:42
Draft Redpaper, last updated: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 This IBM Blueprint outlines how CMTG and IBM have partnered to provide cyber resilient services to their clients.
- IBM Named a Leader in 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Access Managementby Wesley Gyure on 2023-11-20 at 16:16
IBM Security Verify is an ideal partner for companies looking to simplify the foundation of their identity management strategy. The post IBM Named a Leader in 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Access Management appeared first on IBM Blog.
- FIDO Promises a Life Without Passwordsby IBM Technology on 2023-11-20 at 14:15
Try IBM Security Verify Access Management → https://ibm.biz/BdSGaWHow many passwords do you have to keep track of? Answer: Too many! In this video, cybersecurity guru Jeff Crume explains the FIDO standard which eliminates the need for passwords entirely. In addition to creating a passwordless login, FIDO’s benefits include resistance to phishing and replay attacks.Get started for free on IBM Cloud → https://ibm.biz/ibm-cloud-sign-upSubscribe to see more videos like this in the future → http://ibm.biz/subscribe-now
- IBM QRadar SOAR: Platform Overview – Part 2by IBM Helps on 2023-11-20 at 11:07
- IBM QRadar SOAR: Platform Overview – Part 1by IBM Helps on 2023-11-20 at 10:52
- Meet Dr Saritha – IBM’s security wonder woman | SC Media UKon 2023-11-15 at 23:06
A trusted advisor and IBM ‘Master Inventor’, Saritha is also a role model to women around the world, most recently being recognised with the Princess Royal Silver Medal for her outstanding personal contribution to UK engineering. Dr Saritha Arunkumar, global technical leader for IBM Cloud – Security speaks to SC Media UK about her rise to the top and how to get more women into tech
- Pentesting vs. Pentesting as a Service: Which is better? – Security Intelligenceon 2023-11-15 at 23:06
Pentesting services like IBM’s X-Force Red apply a comprehensive process that involves several stages: Planning and reconnaissance. This is the …
- IBM Champions: The journey to becoming an IBM Championby IBM TechXchange Community on 2023-11-13 at 17:19
Learn about the IBM Champions program and what you need to know about nominations for the 2024 program. Join Libby Ingrassia and IBM Champions guests as they explore what it’s like to be an IBM Champion. – Learn about the IBM Champions program and how to nominate someone or self-nominate – Hear from IBM Champions about their experience in the program what makes the program so special to them – Find out about a new initiative called IBM Rising Champions Advocacy badge programRegistration/On-demand Link: https://ibm.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1637959&tp_key=074c477932
- IBM To Add Generative AI To QRadar – IT Jungleon 2023-11-13 at 05:33
IBM To Add Generative AI To QRadar IT Jungle
- IBM Security Guardium at risk: IT security warning about new vulnerabilityon 2023-11-11 at 05:00
As the BSI currently reports, a vulnerability has been identified for IBM Security Guardium. You can read about which operating systems and …
- IBM QRadar SOAR: Introduction and High Level Architecture – Part 2by IBM Helps on 2023-11-10 at 10:21
- IBM QRadar SOAR: Introduction and High Level Architecture – Part 1by IBM Helps on 2023-11-10 at 10:21
- IBM: New Gootloader Variant Moves Laterally and Is Harder to Detect – Security Boulevardon 2023-11-09 at 00:39
Now, “after an infection, large amounts of GootBot implants are disseminated throughout corporate environments with each containing a different hardcoded C2 server, making it difficult to block,” Mühr and Villadsen wrote, adding that the time the report was written, “GootBot implants maintain zero AV [antivirus] detections on VirusTotal, enabling it to spread stealthily.” “Previously, Gootloader was only observed as an initial access malware, after which attackers would load tools like CobaltStrike or use RDP to spread within the network,” X-Force researchers Golo Mühr and Ole Villadsen wrote in a report this week.
- IBM X-Force Discovers Gootloader Malware Variant- GootBot – Hackreadon 2023-11-07 at 16:25
As an initial access point, Gootloader malware was used by numerous threat groups, including ransomware affiliates and in additional payloads like SystemBC and IcedID. The original Gootloader malware was used by numerous threat groups, including ransomware affiliates and in additional payloads like SystemBC and IcedID.