I was asked:
What about referenced tables when you specify a foreign key when creating a table? I can check this when I run DSPFD, it is in Parent File Description but I still can’t find an SQL to elaborate all tables in our Application.
I have to admit this one took me some time to find the information I need to provide the example in this post.
A foreign key is one of the many constraints that can be used with Db2 for i tables and DDS files. Doing a quick search of the IBM KnowledgeCenter I found the following:
- SYSCST: Every constraint, can be considered the “header” file for constraints
- SYSCSTCOL: Columns upon which the constraints have been defined
- SYSCSTDEP: Tables upon which the constrains have been defined
- SYSKEYCST: Every unique, primary, and foreign key that has been defined
- SYSREFCST: Foreign keys that have been defined